April 06, 2010

Family Fun

How to Stay Positive in a “Challenging” World

My family started a new “tradition” about a year ago, “Challenges”. Well really it is my mother who started these Challenges. We’ve had a Cookie Cook Off, then we had a Pasta Challenge, and this past Easter, while many of you had a fancy Easter meal, with ham and sweet potatoes, the Coleman Family had a Sandwich Challenge.

My goal was to get more votes than my mother, and I am happy to say that I beat her, came in 3rd place with my niece Sadie. The winning sandwich that won was my sister and her kids, an Ice Cream Sandwich. We all ran around the kitchen making our sandwiches, then we all ate the various entries, and then voted. The top three finishers were awarded a bowling trophy that my Mom bought at a garage sale. Fun was had by all.

I guess the positive message here is what can we all do to create an opportunity of sharing fun moments, whether they be at home with family, or at work? I know of another family who once a month they have Backwards Day. They eat a dinner for breakfast and a breakfast for dinner. What can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment