February 25, 2010

Look for the Window

How to Stay Positive in a “Challenging” World

The other day I had the permanent retainer that has been glued in my mouth since I got my braces off 6 years ago, unglue, while I was in a meeting. I’ve always had a problem with this in my mouth, no matter how much they told me that I would get used to it. So, I get an emergency appointment to go in, and the Dr. looks at it, and says that he’ll remove it and give me a mouth guard as my retainer. Yeah!

As I thought about this small situation, I began to think that sometimes what at first appears to be bad, turns out to be good. That is how I am now feeling about this recession that we all have been in. At first, I did not like it, I even refused to participate in it, by not doing the things necessary to maintain a profitable business. Now that time has passed, I believe that my company is becoming better. Another old saying, “When God closes a door, He provides a window”. My job is to look for the window.

1 comment:

  1. Tim;
    Thanks for the positive force of your choice to live past and beyond the economic inertia around us, and to share it publicly. I appreciate the mid course correction you forged by engaging the recession rather than being overwhelmed by its impact. As previously stated, I am encouraged by the way you live. There is such a gravitational pull towards helplessness as large forces bear against our best intentions and efforts. The "window" is there for those who believe and seek; thanks for making our collective journey more hopeful. - Ken Cozette/West Suburban Living Magazine

    ReplyDelete