August 24, 2009

Cheer Each Other, Never to Give Up

How to Stay Positive in a “Challenging” World

I was out of the office Thursday and Friday, so no Positive email was sent. Some of you may have liked the break, while others have inquired as to why there was none. I am glad to say that in the last few days I was able to see many positives for me, and for all of us. What a surprise that financial markets are still up, the Dow above 9,500, the NASDAQ above 2,000 and the S&P above 1,000. All of these are good signs compared to almost a year ago when the Dow was below 8,000. I must remind myself that the markets are emotionally based at times, but it must make people, my customer, feel better about the economy, their job, and their life.

I am betting that the spirit of the American people will fight to get our economy back on track, and will not give up. This is similar to the spirit of the Solheim Cup Team USA. They did not give up, they fought, and the crowds encouraged them to play hard and dig deep. I will encourage the people around me to fight hard and not give up. Only together will we make it through these “challenging” times.

No comments:

Post a Comment