August 25, 2009

Seize Today!

How to Stay Positive in a “Challenging” World

By committing myself to writing something positive everyday that I am in the office, I find myself on the look out for positives everywhere I go, and everything I hear. Sometimes it is business related, or sports related and especially now, family and friend related. Sometimes I think of what I can see, and sometimes I think of what is not me. I am not starving in Africa, I am not without a family, I have no illness, there are many things that I do not have, which is a blessing.

We did our Garage Door of Shame last week at a golf outing, in the rain. There were fewer foursomes because of the weather, and we finished before lunch and left. I get word that there was an accident in the parking lot, and that two of the participants who were riding on the back of a golf cart fell off and hit their head. They were both rushed to the hospital, one stayed for 2 days and was released. The other may not make it through this week.

I have been teased from time to time about my “signature” of Seize Today! The events of last week remind me to live this every day. One minute you are at a golf outing, and having fun. The next minute you are in the hospital, and your head injury is so bad you may not make it through. Sometimes staying positive is realizing that there is always somebody that is in worse shape than we are. Today, I will make an extra effort to Seize Today. Today I will tell those I love how special they are to me. Today, I will tell you that you make me feel special because you read these emails. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment