August 13, 2009

Putting on New Glasses

How to Stay Positive in a “Challenging” World

I find that at times I focus too much on my own thoughts and my own life, that when new moments in other lives occur I am startled into reality. This week so far, one of the guys I work with finally had their baby after months of concern and bed rest, and all are healthy. Then a friend of my daughter’s who has experienced 4 miscarriages, and almost a year of being on the Adoption List, found out they are expecting a mother to provide them with twins in November. Last, I was able to spend time with my daughter and family and in-laws and the family last night. Reflecting on this while sleeping caused me to feel joy. A new life coming into our world, at this time, with no prejudice, no worries, no expectations, showed me that we can all choose to look at our world through any color glasses we desire. Today I will put on glasses of wisdom, with a touch of wonderment, and be mindful that with new life, I must be prepared to set an example of “living” a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment