August 12, 2009

Will I Panic, or Stay Focused?

How to Stay Positive in a “Challenging” World

Since I started to play golf in 1998, I have been amazed how many parallels there are between the “game” of golf, and the “game” of a life. This past weekend, on Sunday afternoon, with three holes to play, the final group, who was in the lead, was put on the clock. This means that they must play faster, because they were out of position by 17 minutes. Padraig Harrington panicked, and played faster, swung faster and lost. Tiger stayed calm, stayed within himself, and did not panic, and won. As I thought about this, I realized that this recession that we have been living in, is similar. We have all been put on the clock, and it is up to us how we react. The question I have for myself is simple, will I panic, or will I stay focused and calm and play my way to a victory? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment