January 14, 2010

The American DNA

How to Stay Positive in a “Challenging” World

I have heard it many times, whether it was in school, from our politicians, the movies or commentaries in the news, the American people from the day we were founded, are industrious, creative, and compassionate. We all know that our country has created large amounts of debt and future obligations for us, and in spite of that, we still are coming to the aid of the people of Haiti. Our country has committed $100 million, our Red Cross along with many volunteers from both the private sector and the public sector. In spite of our own troubles of unemployment, we still feel fortunate to live here, and we want to help those around the world in need. If all of the resources that are being sent to Haiti stayed here, we would be stronger, but we want to take care of our fellow man. This trait, that I have inherited is humbling. I feel fortunate to care about my fellow man, even in times of my own need, I still look to help those less fortunate. It may not be in Haiti, but it is still a spirit of giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment