January 07, 2010

Be Aware of the Present, but Think of the Future

How to Stay Positive in a “Challenging” World

It’s been about a year ago that I started turning off the media because of the negativity that they spew. Then I decided I needed to think of at least one positive thought everyday. Then I needed to be responsible to do this, so I started writing this and sending it to my wife. Now, there are over 60 people who receive this, and some of them pass it on to friends and co-workers. In reflecting on this history, I started to think about what I was writing last year. One of the themes was that the financial markets seemed to be moving up. The Dow was moving toward 9,000, now just a year later the Dow closed at 10,573 yesterday. Time and distance gives us perspective. My goal is to be aware of the present but think towards the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment