January 06, 2010

When Should I Plant a Tree?

How to Stay Positive in a “Challenging” World

Recovering from this cold, I am a few days behind in the New Year’s Resolutions. Oh, I have thought about them, planned them, even discussed some of them. As I am now in the formalization of taking what I think and putting into action, I realize that we all like the beginning. A clean slate, with a new year, or a new month, or a new week or even day. It’s easier to start something “anew” than it is to change. It’s all the same thing, doing something on Friday of last week the 1st, or Monday of this week, really is no different than if we did it, or began it 2 weeks ago or 2 weeks from now. We all want to begin NEW. I therefore resolve to treat each day, each week, each month, and each quarter with an attitude of NEW. I can begin anything NEW when one of those arrives. It reminds of the question “When is the best time to plant a tree?” The real answer is 20 years ago. The next question is “When is the second best time to plant a tree?” This answer is “Today”.

No comments:

Post a Comment